Help families in your community gain access to safe and affordable housing while learning transferable skills to help you in your employment pursuits.
Work Experience Volunteers commit to 10 shifts at our build sites or in our ReStores. Upon completion you will receive a certificate to include in your resume when you are seeking employment. This certificate details the hours you volunteered, including comments on your work ethic and the skills you have learned.
Construction. Learned skills may include: foundation work, framing, insulation, drywall, building decks, finishing work, painting, and more.
ReStore. ReStore is our social enterprise that sells donated building materials at a greatly reduced cost. Volunteers will gain skills in visual merchandising, product knowledge, and customer service.
- All personal protective equipment (PPE)
- All tools, equipment, and lunch
- Hands-on training
What does Habitat require of me?
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A great attitude and willingness to learn
- A firm commitment to shifts
- No physical limitations to mobility, strength, etc.
- Conversation English (LINC 5)