Build Volunteer Application (Fort Saskatchewan)
Thank you for applying to participate as a Build Volunteer (Fort Saskatchewan) for the 34th Jimmy & Rosalynn Work Project that is taking place from July 9th-14th in our local community!
Habitat Edmonton is thrilled to have been chosen as a host site and we are getting very excited as we set plans in place to welcome many guests from out of county and engaging our local volunteers to make the event a huge success!
As this is a very special project there are a few important reminders to share with you so you are properly prepared for the build week. All Build Volunteers who will be on a build site:
- Your volunteer experience will be outdoors, so please dress for the weather!
- You will be provided with a hard hat and safety glasses.
- Hospitality Volunteers on build sites are required to have their own steel-toed boots that are CSA approved (green triangle) or equivalent.
- Please bring your own work gloves.
- Please wear close-fitting clothing, as baggy clothing is hazardous.
- Due to safety regulations we cannot allow you on site in sleeveless shirts, open-toed footwear, shorts, capris, or dresses.
- All volunteers are required to wear long pants (shorts, capris and dresses are not allowed) and t-shirts must have 4”- 6” sleeves.
- Hair coverings must be snug and allow for a hard hat to fit snugly over top.
- We recommend that you do not wear contact lenses. If you choose to wear them, let your construction leader know.
- We strongly advise that you leave all jewelry at home.
*PARTICIPATION FEE: $150.00 (per day)
*Fee covers breakfast, snacks, lunch and commemorative t-shirts for the event.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the form below.
All applications will be reviewed* first and then applicants will be notified of their acceptance within a two-week period.
*Due to the limited number of spaces available in each host city, some applicants may be placed on a waiting list and will be notified should a space become available.
As a part of the registration process, applicants must agree up front that they will pay their participation fee. Payment will only be collected once an applicant has been approved for the volunteer role.
Once your application has been approved, you will receive an e-mail that includes:
- Your acceptance confirmation as a Carter Work Project Build Volunteer (Fort Saskatchewan)
- Information about how to complete the payment process
- And more information about the build week
Should you have additional questions about the volunteer process, please e-mail: email@example.com
What to do or see in-and-around Edmonton!
Banff National Park (3.5-hour drive from Edmonton International Airport)
Jasper National Park (4-hour drive from Edmonton International Airport)