(last updated: April 7, 2021)
The ReStores are open 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, Mon-Sat (closed Sundays). Our stores are currently operating at 15% capacity as per guidelines.
All volunteers must adhere to our COVID-19 Protocols. For more information, please direct your inquires to email@example.com.
All employees and volunteers will take care and be vigilant about their own health.
- All staff and volunteers will self-assess their health daily, prior to entering the workplace, using the Alberta Health Services’ (AHS) COVID-19 ALBERTA HEALTH DAILY CHECKLIST.
- Staff and volunteers answering YES to any of the questions in the daily checklist will not be allowed to enter Habitat worksites and should use the AHS Online Assessment Tool to determine if testing is recommended and follow information on isolation requirements.
- For the purpose of tracking close contacts, all employees are encouraged to keep their own record of contact with other employees, clients and external colleagues.
All worksites (build sites, ReStores, offices, Prefab Shop) have implemented, at minimum, the following practices related to hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Hand sanitizer at point of entry and at locations throughout the worksite where employees and visitors handle/use equipment and other items.
- All staff, volunteers and visitors must employ frequent, proper hand hygiene. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (greater than 60% alcohol content).
- Glove use alone is not a substitute for hand hygiene. Hands should be cleaned before and after using gloves.
Workplace Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Make cleaning supplies, disposable towels and disinfectant available and highly visible at locations throughout the workplace where there are shared surfaces and shared equipment.
- Frequently clean and disinfect high-touch/shared surfaces.
- Employees should maintain at least a 2-meter separation between individuals to the extent possible in the workplace.
- In office sites, install physical distancing markers and signage and install Plexiglas shields where physical distancing cannot be maintained (reception desks, between workstations).
- Direct traffic flow where possible (e.g. one-way hallways).
- Re-structure non-essential gatherings (e.g. meetings, training classes), using video and teleconferencing as necessary.
- Follow Public Health Restrictions on mass gatherings and events.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Use appropriate PPE, as per AHS Guidelines and relevant Ministry Guidelines.
- Masks are mandatory – in all our office and work areas and public spaces/Restores and vehicles.
Visitors to Habitat Edmonton
To limit the risk of transmission of illness from visitors to staff and volunteers meetings are by appointment only. All visitors are screened and must provide contact information.
Work from home
Where possible, staff will continue to work from home but are permitted to be on site for continuity of business.
Most retail businesses may remain open with capacity limited to 15% of the occupancy set under the Alberta Fire Code.
No social gatherings in our workplaces
Director, Human Resources and Volunteer Services
Habitat for Humanity Edmonton
(780) 479-3566 | firstname.lastname@example.org