Community Advisory Council
Habitat for Humanity Edmonton (Habitat) is seeking a diverse group of compassionate individuals to serve on our Community Advisory Council (CAC). The objective of the CAC is to support Habitat in remaining true to its mission by acting as a liaison to the partner families and communities that it serves, through deliberate engagement and communication. The CAC will provide high-level recommendations to the Board of Directors in the areas of, but not limited to, affordable housing, industry and innovation, and critical issues affecting Habitat’s communities.
This opportunity is available to all community members in the jurisdiction of Habitat Edmonton.
Barrhead, Cold Lake, Edmonton, Edson, Fairview, Fort Saskatchewan, Grande Prairie, Hinton, Leduc, Leduc County, Lloydminster, Rocky Mountain House, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Stony Plain, Vermilion, Wainwright, Whitecourt, and Wetaskiwin.
The Selection Committee
A selection committee comprised of reputable leaders in the Edmonton area will be selecting the members of the CAC.
- Tina Naqvi-Rota, Cameron Development Corporation
- Susan McGee, Homeward Trust Edmonton
- Imran Thaver, Sagen™ (Habitat Board Member)
- Julie Afanasiff, Sequeira Partners (Habitat Board Member)
The Finer Details
- All CAC members shall be volunteers.
- CAC members will not be remunerated for their participation as members.
- CAC members will meet quarterly.
The CAC will consist of at least eight members appointed by Habitat’s Board of Directors with a maximum of 14 members.
- Two members of Habitat’s Board of Directors, appointed by the Board, of which one shall act as Chair of the CAC.
- One member of the CAC, appointed by the CAC Chair, shall act as Co-Chair.
- CAC members are appointed for a term of two years, and membership is limited to one term.
If this is the type of volunteer work you are passionate about, we invite you to apply when openings are available.
Sorry, the application process is currently closed. Please check back later.
For more information, please contact:
(780) 479-3566 | firstname.lastname@example.org