Community Advisory Council
The Habitat Community Advisory Council (CAC) supports Habitat for Humanity Edmonton (Habitat) in remaining true to its mission by acting as a liaison to the partner families and communities that it serves through deliberate engagement and communication. The CAC provides high-level recommendations to the Board of Directors in the areas of, but not limited to, affordable housing, industry and innovation, and critical issues affecting Habitat’s communities.
The CAC consists of a minimum of eight members from the Habitat Edmonton community* selected by the CAC Selection Committee, to a maximum of 14 members. There are two members from the current Habitat Board Directors, of which one shall act as Chair of the CAC.
CAC Members (2021 – 2023)
- Lyla J. Peter
- Karen Good
- Shane Gerein
- Hollis Lai
- Amy Chetwynd
- Douglas Lim
- Danielle Moffatt
- Lisa Dockman
- Trudy Nastiuk
- Odion Welch
- Scott Mackie
- Imran Thaver
- Julie Afanasiff (CAC Chair and Board Director, Habitat Edmonton)
- Kevin Cathro (Board Director, Habitat Edmonton)
Role of the CAC
- Facilitates an environment of inclusion and innovation.
- Provides an advocacy role in the stakeholder community.
- Serves as a communication link between partner families, HFHE and the community.
- Allows for constructive debate.
This opportunity to serve on Habitat’s CAC is available to all community members in the jurisdiction of Habitat Edmonton: Barrhead, Cold Lake, Edmonton, Edson, Fairview, Fort Saskatchewan, Grande Prairie, Hinton, Leduc, Leduc County, Lloydminster, Rocky Mountain House, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Stony Plain, Vermilion, Wainwright, Whitecourt, and Wetaskiwin.
If this is the type of volunteer work you are passionate about, we invite you to apply when openings are available. When available, openings will be posted on this page.
For more information, please contact:
(780) 479-3566 | firstname.lastname@example.org